- 1. Raiders of the Lost ArkRaiders of the Lost Ark redefines the genre of adventures. It is the best one. Scenes like the truck chase or the bar fight raise the bar to a point no movie ever has come close. I could have put any of the first three Indiana Jones movie here, I've decided to give the number one spot to the one I consider to be the best, and leave it as the only Indiana Jones movie in the list, only because it overshadows the other two (yes, there are only three Indiana Jones movies)
- 2. E. T.E.T. is the movie of my childhood. Marked my life, my taste in movies and culture in general. And it has done that for a lot of people all over the world. After all, who hasn't said a million times "E. T. Phone Home"?
- 3. JawsOne of the best soundtracks of all time. Deep conversations in a boat. And an animal thirsty for blood. Alfred Hitchcock's aside, it is by far the best movie of its genre. A true masterpiece which will be remembered for many generations to come... and yes, we're gonna need a bigger boat.
- 4. Close Encounters of the Third KindThe way a first encounter with aliens is described, just makes Close Encounters of the Third Kind a special movie. No invassion, no talking, no alien missing or lost. All done at a psychological level, in a weird but really interesting way. Pure 80's Spielberg at his best.
- 5. Schindler's ListUnarguably one of the best pictures of all times. Deep, emotional and touching. Perfectly shot, with magistral cinematography, and a tone perfectly set for the story it was telling. The only reason it is not on the number one spot of this list, it's just because of personal taste.
Friday, January 17, 2014