- 007. Sean ConneryThere is no discussion. Sean Connery is James Bond. Every body else just plays the part. Cocky, cool, on Her Majesty's secret service, and licensed to kill. Nobody could else could be on top of this list. Nobody does it better.
- 2. Daniel CraigHe's blonde, he's strong. So what? I must admit, when he was announced as Bond for Casino Royale, I cried "end of the saga", but after seeing Casino Royale, I became Craig's number one fan. Daniel Craig has portrayed the agent like nobody else since Connery. It's fair to say he's got way better movies than Pierce Brosnan or Timothy Dalton, but to be honest, I think there's more than that. Craig is a believable 007, with flaws and weaknesses, and it's a much more accurate image of what I imagine reading the books (that's when I'm able to avoid Connery's image, which rarely happens.
- 3. Roger MooreRoger Moore. The actor who has made more 007 pictures than anybody else. On his side: he made the character his own. He didn't tried to be Connery, he just made a different bond. More fun, a bit less classy, but it worked. And he had a few of the best 007 pictures. But, if I'm honest, I don't think his style suits Bond as much as Sean Connery or Daniel Craig, and to me he'll always be Simon Templar.
- 4. Pierce BrosnanHe's got class, but he's no 007. Yes, I admit it, he can play a good double 0 agent, but not 007. He's a different story. And then there's Die Another Die, which is an awful movie. They got everything wrong: no surprise they had to reboot the saga after that one...
- 5. Timothy DaltonThere are two movies unworthy of being called 007 movies: The Living Daylights and Licence To Kill. Both of them have in common one name: Timothy Dalton. Being realistic, it's not totally his fault. Both stories are terrible and both movies are bad by themselves, but still, it's not like Timothy Dalton helped at all. He's totally unbelievable as 007. The only reason he's not the last one in this list George Lazenby
- 6. Geroge LazenbyHe had one of the best 007 books. Sean Connery asked for more money. Studio refused and hired Australian actor George Lazenby to replace him thinking the name James Bond was above any actor. They were wrong. The movie is rather good, but the performance by Lazenby is just not right. After On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Sean Connery got a pay raise.
Monday, April 20, 2015